Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Sushi






So in celebration for Cody's birthday (and Will's belated one) a bunch of us went for All You Can Eat Sushi. We originally had reservations for Sushi D on college, but they conveniently forgot about them, and after standing outside on what was a quite mild february night for half an hour we decided to move on. We ended up, sort of randomly, Sushi Q which was a few blocks west. It turned out to be a better decision.

This was actually my first All You Can Eat sushi experience, i tend to avoid food venues where self control is non-existent, something about the crowd mentality makes you overeat. (and the cheapness - i am scottish) I did for persuasion wear a dress that could comfortably take the bloat, but overall i was pretty reserved, except for the edamame which i can't control myself around.

We ended up being the only patrons. The place was quite brightly lit, and they were playing disco, which i think we all actually enjoyed. Being alone in the place actually made our food come out pretty quickly, and it was crazy seeing what 9 people with all you can eat will order. I didn't know this, and i guess i had always wondered, you get charged for the things you don't eat, so you kinda have to be strategic.

For me, i ordered some specific things, but we ended up sampling a lot of different dishes. I thought it was crazy what my friends ordered, but they struggled through! I got tuna sashimi, deepfried tuna roll, miso soup, salad and bbq eel (my favorite) but ended up having some other things that came to the table. Good times!

Above:

Deep fried tuna roll
Rainbow roll
Shrimp tempura
Our Chef
Bento Box

No comments:

Post a Comment