Thursday, March 11, 2010

Easy Thin Crust Pizza





Reading one of those ladies magazines at the gym (yeah all i think about is food while working out). I saw a recipe for pizza done on a flour tortilla. I am not a real pizza fan, only if the crust is really thin am i even remotely interestd - so i though that i would give it a try. It had been in the back of my mind for a few months now, and so looking at the groceries left over in my fridge i thought i would give it a try.

I didn't have any tomato sauce, and i'm not that big a fan anyway, but i thought that i could roast some cherry tomatoes and garlic in balsamic to make a nice base for the pizza. I also always have pesto in the fridge, and i love pesto on pizza so i thought i would add those along with some mushrooms, green onions and a bit of leftover cheddar i had in the back of the cheese drawer.

I put a little olive oil on the tortilla before all the toppings, and cooked it at 400 degrees. It was surprisingly crisp considering all the toppings i had on it, and was quite good. I would totally make this again, maybe with more sophisticated ingredients next time like buffalo mozzarella.

Above:

Pizza
Ready for the oven
The ingredients
Tomatoes to be roasted

No comments:

Post a Comment