Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthday Cookies






It was my friend Adam's birthday, and i wanted to do something special, and cheap for him. I thought it would be fitting if i made him cookies, since he was the one who taught me how to set up a blog. I had never though i would be able to make a blog, and i'm glad i've done this because its made me get back into photography and writing. Two things i didn't realize how much i had missed. (i could do without the ten pounds i've gained writing this damn things and cooking so many exotic meals)

I actually hadn't baked cookies in years, and to be honest i don't really bake that often, in particular because i don't like sweets that much, but i thought that a chocolate chip cookies are a fun classic and they are easy to share. I didn't have a go to recipe, so i trolled the internet to find something that would be extra tasty and moist. Its so tough to tell what will turn out well. I can usually tell what will be a good recipe, but since baking is really chemistry and technique it can be tough.

I decided to use the food network's recipe list, since people review the recipes, and it give you an idea of how well people liked them. I settled on Alton Brown's recipe. I made sure to use great ingredients, good butter, sugar, eggs and real Vanilla that my mother brought me back from Mexico.

They were pretty easy to make, and after they cooled i boxed them up in a cool box that i had received a bottle of wine in a couple of years ago.

Postscript:

Adam couldn't come and get them, and instead of letting them go stale, or making myself sick by eating them i brought them into work. I had made a few extras to give to some of my favorite people (yeah i'm like that) but this way everyone got some. Sorry Adam, they were gone in 45 minutes (new record)!

Above:

Cookies
Ingredients
Sifting the flour
Little balls of dough
Box of cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment