Friday, March 26, 2010

Staycation Day 2: Guest Kitchen







Now i know i've had guest chefs before, but this time i actually had a guest kitchen and photographer and camera. (of which i am very jealous). I was visiting my sister on my staycation and decided to cook her dinner. She didn't have a very stocked fridge or pantry, but i made do with most of what she had. We also raided her neighbour and highschool friend jonas's kitchen for a few more ingredients - the essential one being sesame oil!

I simply made a stir fry and my sister - knowing my challenges with rice made a really nice coconut rice. After cooking the vegetables, in order of firmness - i tossed them in a peanut sesame sauce. My sister is finally acknowledging her hippy roots and has bought a jar of natural peanut butter, but there was still a little of the processed stuff left and i used it for the sauce. Due to the levels of sugar and salt it took me a while to tweak the sauce, and i didn't need the honey as i had initially anticipated.

She also had this awesome bowl of fresh green beans, so not only did i add them to the stir fry, i also took some and blanched them and dressed them in a spicy sesame dressing as a side. To finish the meal i made a tomato avocado salad for something on the cold and refreshing side.

Ahhh staycation.....

Above:

The pretty table my sister set
Ingredients (note the pb)
Choppy choppy
Stir frying the peppers
Blanched beans

No comments:

Post a Comment