Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Saturday Baked Tofu


Dinner


Baked Tofu


Marinating the Tofu


My leftovers Bento Box


Steamed Veggies


Working with what i've got

This saturday was so nasty out, rainy, windy and cold, but i guess it was March and there was so snow, so i shouldn't be so unappreciative. I had gone out in the late morning for a brutal run/speed walk, and really didn't want to venture outside unless totally necessary. I spent almost the entire day sitting on the couch watching the NCAA conference play - so really it wasn't a bad day to have crappy weather. It was getting close to six when my stomach reminded me that i hadn't eaten that much. I had been out to Nami and gorged myself on fish for my brother-in-law's bday the night before so it took a little while to get hungry.

I really didn't have all that much to eat at home, but there was no way i was going out, so i thought i would challenge myself to make a meal out of what was in the fridge. The meal was pretty good, and i incorporated things that i've made on this blog, along with a few ingredients. I actually made a pretty tasty meal, and had the leftovers as a sort of bento box.

I also too the opportunity to make some baked tofu, which i'll be able to use all week in lunches and whatever. I used some extra firm tofu, simply cut it into smaller pieces, and made a marinade of honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce. I oiled the pan, and baked the tofu at 400 degrees, rotating the tofu so that all the sides got browned. Its a great way of making tofu for a variety of dishes including salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment