Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Steak Dinner








This Valentine's day, which was also the family day long weekend AND Chinese New Year, i spent up at my parents place. Instead of heading out to a restaurant and having a rushed meal with a bunch of couples who hate each other we decided to eat in. (this also allowed me to save face and not third-wheel with my parents like last year).

Now that i am a meat eater, my mother picked up some HUGE steaks which i seasoned with a mixture of almost any spice i could get my hands on. Instead of digging out the bbq from the snow bank we did them on my mom's indoor grill/sandwich maker. My mom also made a really cool sweet potato and pear side dish along with sauteed king oyster mushrooms, asparagus with Parmesan and a beet and carrot salad.

The meal as lovely, and a lot better than going out!

Above:

Dinner (and my mom's new/vintage Denby plates
Mushrooms
Adding the pears to the potatoes
Steaks
Beet and Carrot Salad
Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment