Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another workday lunch




As i've mentioned before i really try and bring my lunch to work at least four times a week. I try and make something i can eat for two days, efficient, yet does not get too boring or soggy. I try and use spinach in my lunches, and by buying the big box at the supermarket of baby spinach is a challenge to try and finish one of the larger boxes. So what i like to do, is make a salad that i can dress the spinach with. One of my previous meals was Lentil feta salad.

One of the salads i really enjoy in general is Greek Salad. Not the gross oily one with iceberg lettuce, but a Village salad; tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, feta cheese and olives topped with balsamic vinegar. I often make a version of this as a side salad. Its fresh and the ingredients are decent all year around. When i make it for lunch i tend to omit the onions, because you really taste it all day, even when you brush afterwards. I deal with a lot of people in my job and i take pity on them but omitting the onions.

This salad also does really well after a couple of days, it actually makes its own dressing even without oil, and that helps with the spinach, keeping it from being dry. I just chop everything up the similar size, crumble the feta, add balsamic and toss it. While it sits overnight it creates a dressing and then i just top the spinach with it. Viola lunch

Above:

Eating lunch at my desk as usual (yeah, that's a paper towel as a napkin)
Close up of what i made - the night before
How i package it

No comments:

Post a Comment