Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Morning's Baked Eggs




d
First i'm going to start off on a mini-rant.

To whomever steals my saturday paper: Coffee with the saturday paper is the highlight of my week.
I have it delivered so i can just
reach out my door in my jammies.
You suck.

Sincerely,
me

Okay - on a brighter note, my awesome sister just gave me her old digital SLR, so i'll be able to take a lot better pictures for the blog. Pictures totally inspire me to cook, so i'm hoping that they will inspire everyone else. On top of that my food will look so much better!!!!

So today, sans paper i decided to use these silicone muffin cups that i got a while ago to do baked eggs. My egg poachers had inspired me as they are supposed to be good for baking, but since they are sort of round on the bottom i foresaw a mess. I had one of those weeks, and i really didn't have much food in the fridge. I used some right-on-the-edge of gross mushrooms, grape tomatoes, green onions and feta. I decided to put a little oil in the bottom of the cups in case they stuck. In hindsight this might not have been necessary as they just popped out.

My new camera's gadgets distracted me from the lack of paper, and i just played with it while the eggs baked. Add a piece of marble rye and i had a tasty saturday breckie. (which of course would have been better with the paper)

Looking at the pictures i took for this blog i realized that my new camera is going to force me to step up my food styling game, along with polishing my cutlery better!!! The macro setting really brings out EVERYTHING!

Above:

Saturday breakfast
Silicone muffin cups
Ready for the oven
Fresh baked eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment