Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dirty little food secrets




I would hate for people who read this blog to get the impression that i am some sort of healthy gourmand, because trust me, like every other human i have some really gross food habits that i reserve for days when i'm lazy, sick, hung over or just grouchy. Since i'm exposing my fancy/entertaining eating habits i can't pretend that i don't eat gross things too.

I have previously admitted to my popcorn with butter and Sriracha habit. I've been eating popcorn and hot sauce for years, i'm thinking i can't be the only one out there... Right? At the moment i have a crappy air popper that only does half the kernels and spits them out everywhere - its quite a task to actually make popcorn these days, and i am on the look out for a new air popper - they don't build very good ones anymore. (and no i don't own a microwave - never have, never will)

When i'm sick with a cold i have a secret passion for instant kimchi noodles. I make them in a large pot with extra water so there is a lot of broth. I each them straight out of the pot with a spoon in one hand and chopsticks in the other. Some people have told me they add vegetables to this, but that would make it work and not so gross - the whole point of them!

Now, i know those two things don't really seem that gross, but i left the grossest for last.... I love liquid cheese! About six years ago i discovered tostitos Salsa con queso and it was the beginning of a disgusting obsession. I would heat it on the stove and mix it with salsa, pouring it over chips.I couldn't stop eating it! After about six months i had a private intervention and cut myself off cold turkey, that is to say i am not allowed to purchase it. I have in my addiction made it from scratch and then there is always Raptor's games (where i get a second pack because there is never enough) and finally there is 7-11 with its pump your own cheese! If you want to get really gourmet, and make sure the attendant isn't watching you can use some of the hot dog toppings to dress it up.

I told you i was gross.

Above:

7-11 Nachos with jalapenos (the guy behind the counter was watching)
Sriracha (gonna need to buy some more)
Left over popcorn with butter and hot sauce
Kimchi noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment