Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cheese Dinner


In celebration of my finishing my final stats exam i spent the day wandering the city. We must have walked 7 km, but got to see a bunch of different neighbourhoods, plus we picked up things as we wandered. Bread from St. John's bakery - where we got the very last stuff (other than the olive bread). We went to the epicure shop on Parliament and got crackers, some sliced meats and these amazing spiced black olives.

It knew it was a special occasion so i also broke out a bottle of wine i had been saving that i purchased when we went to the Foreign Affairs/Treadwell wine/food tasting.

The cheeses came from a new spot in the Junction really close to me called Junction Fromagerie. I love cheese, and really enjoy supporting stores in my neighbourhood. We got a great blue cheese, a brie and a old cheddar that i found a little bland.

I also had some Branksome pickle and sundried tomato pesto, cheddar crackers and spinach dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment