Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fish Tacos and Nachos


At the cottage with eric, we of course had to make fish tacos. We did these with the fish of the vacation - mahi mahi and grilled it on the bbq. The tacos were great as usual, but for some reason i couldn't find corn tortillas at any of the usual spots i get them, and not surprisingly there were none in Haliburton, so we had to make do with some whole wheat flour ones. I didn't realize how much i prefered the corn ones - definitely better.

We made a bunch of dips in advance, but ended up snacking on most of them over the afternoon. I made my corn, feta and tomato dip (with bbq-ed corn), guacamole and salsa.


I seasoned the fish with cumin, chili peppers and salt and pepper


Once the fish was done i broke it apart and dressed it with a mixture of salsa, sour cream and lime juice


All of the standard fish taco toppings - guac, cabbage, onions, salsa

Later that night we were playing Cranium and were hungry again. I decided to take the left over fish and taco ingredients and use them as toppings on nachos. This was in part inspired by my pork nacho experiment. I also grated a lot of cheese and baked them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment