Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Miso Steamed Cod and Veggies


Since i've been only studying and not really working out i've noticed that a lot of my clothes are not fitting as well as they should be. This of course lead initially to a freak out, and i decided to do some healthy cooking! I've never really steamed fish, i always thought it would be very bland, but then i thought - maybe i can steam it with a broth, that would give it some flavour.


On my new (and no doubt brief) quest for healthiness i also made enough for lunch.


Sauce ingredients

So i knew that you could steam things with your fish, and essentially make a one pot meal - i thought i would add bok choy, green beans and broccoli to my fish dish. All good for you, and i thought they would go with the cod i had.

As for the broth i made on based on some organic miso cubes i had and added a little soy sauce, sake, rice vinegar, fish sauce and sugar. I lined the base of the bamboo steamer with the large leaves of the bok choy to prevent them from sticking. I layered it with the tougher bits on the bottom, then added a couple pieces of cod.


Out of the steam.



This dish really only took a couple of minutes, and it was quite good. I put the veggies on the plate first, then a piece of fish, i added a tsp of the cooking liquid, a couple drops of sesame oil and some chopped green onions. I served it with soy sauce and hot sauce on the side.





No comments:

Post a Comment