Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Simcoe Sunday - Part One


As i mentioned i stayed home on the long weekend - luckily for me i have lovely neighbours who were also staying in the city, so we had a little bbq on sunday. We made a ton of food, so i've actually split this entry into two, as there are so many pictures. My contribution to the meal was potato salad and a village salad.

I previously mentioned that one of my secrets to a really good potato salad is soaking the hot potatoes in white vinegar for about half an hour. This way the creamy dressing has a great and surprising bite that is actually in the potato.

Victor, our gracious host made home made burgers with a mixture of ground beef, ground pork, onions and a few spices, notably cumin. He made me a little burger, since i'm still a little iffy on meat eating. I would like to note he also made the dogs burgers. (spoilt buggers)


To give us another option, Victor also did a salmon.


Salmon on Foil
(prep in next text)

No comments:

Post a Comment