Friday, August 20, 2010

Egg sandwiches

Lately i have been really busy with school/work, so my cooking has taken a real hit. I also don't have a whole lot of money so simple, quick and cheap meals have been on the agenda - hence a whole lot of egg sandwiches. I like egg sandwiches so this isn't really a problem, and there are a variety of ways you can make them.



In this blt with scrambled eggs i got to use up the last three pieces of maple bacon from the cottage (to be featured in a future post) along with some great veggies (i love this time of year)



Assembly

Two blt with scrambled eggs on marble rye



I also think a good fried egg sandwich is always a treat - and so as i had eggs and bread, i thought a simple one might also do me a quick dinner. Since it was dinner i served this with a greek salad, but since i didn't have too many tomatoes i added some romaine lettuce. I really think that lettuce does not belong in greek salad, but this was pretty tasty and made it look like there was more on the plate.



Top:
Another fried egg sandwich, this one with cheddar and some left over salad

No comments:

Post a Comment