Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday Asian Hodge Podge

Sometimes when i'm thinking about a meal, particularly when i'm shopping for ingredients, i realize how often i make the same thing. I feel bad for my bf, as it must sometimes get pretty repetitive - especially my obsession with bok choy and peanut sauce. So this week i was intending on making something simple, but somehow i ended up making quite a feast with various dishes, i guess trying to combine all the things i usually make to somehow make it different. I was good - especially the left overs, and i did sort of invent on new dish.
The Meal
Vietnamese Cucumber Salad
Soft sesame tofu salad
Veggies in Peanut sauce
Sweet veggie and tofu stir fry
Brown Rice

A big pile of veggies is always inspiring to me - and i certainly had those.


I also made had a few different sauces and toppings for the meal, since i always like that

Chopped Roasted Peanuts
Cilantro
Spicy Peanut Sauce
Siracha

This was the final spread. I seamed bok choy, broccoli and green beans and topped them with a homemade peanut sauce. (peanut butter, lime juice and zest, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, hot water and chili flakes). I also successfully made brown rice - which i was soooo proud of, as a side.

My plate of goodies

No comments:

Post a Comment