Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baked Tofu with Bok Choy


Lately i have been indulging in meat, in particular pork, so i though it was necessary to get back to my roots and make a little tofu. I actually don't mind tofu raw, but some people don't so i decided to do a baked tofu dish. I sort of made up the sauce, which was pretty much a combination of all of my favorite asian seasonings. I allowed it to marinate the cubed tofu for a litle while before baking it - just to make sure the flavour really took. I baked it for what seemed like forever - that stuff doesn't seem to burn.


This was one of those "what do i have in the fridge recipes" so i used some shredded carrots, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus, bok choy and some frozen broccoli that i had. I sauteed the vegetables, but boiled the frozen broccoli as per the directions.


As you can see this was quite a mixture of ingredients for the sauce: veggie oyster sauce, soy, sesame oil, honey, peanut butter and sirachai. Probably a little high in sodium, but minimal oil.
My low key table.


Almost ready to assemble

No comments:

Post a Comment