Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Maple Pork Tenderloin ala Jarred


Jarred's cooking of pork loin inspired me to try it myself. I was a little nervous as i'm pretty inexperienced cooking meat, but i thought that i'd seen it a few times, and i looked up a few articles online - i felt prepared. I decided to use a PC Maple Bacon marinade (pork with pork? sounds good to me)


As a side, and since we had a bunch i made potato salad. My secret to potato salad is once the potatoes are cooked and still warm i soak them in white vinegar for half an hour. I also put in half of the onions i am planning on using. This gives the salad a really nice tang, and allows for a creamy dressing that has a lot of flavour. For the dressing i mixed equal parts mayo, sour cream and dijon mustard along with chili flakes, pepper and dill.


I had bought a bunch of Ontario strawberries, and was inspired to make this kinda decedent salad that i saw once on a cooking show. It is made of avocado, cucumber, strawberries, lime juice and crab meat. You cut everything approximately the same size, then gently toss to mix, dressing it with lime juice and a bit of olive oil.


The pork was a bit dicey as when i thought it was done i cut it open and it was still pretty rare inside. I was terrified of poisoning my family so i put it back on the grill for a while longer, and tented it in foil for ten minutes after. I probably over cooked it, and would be a little less cautious a second time, but it was good and the maple bacon sauce was pretty tasty.


Pork Loin

Ready to Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment