Monday, June 14, 2010

Baked Ricotta and Roasted Vegetable Penne



This was actually a really rogue meal for me to make - i really don't make that much pasta, and this was probably one of the first times i baked the pasta. As usual i didn't have a plan for this meal - i had bought the ingredients in a rushed frenzy, and only had a vague idea of what i was going to make. This one turned out pretty good, but it did feature three types of cheese, so how bad could it have been!

A lot of the inspiration for this meal was actually due to a birthday gift i got from my friend Joanna. She gave a a moleskin recipe organizer - my recipes are one-eight written, cut out, printed, random notes on paper i can barely read - so i've been going through these. I think my veggie choices; garlic, eggplant and red pepper were inspired from a few different recipes i saw while going through my notes picking ones to preserve in the new book.



My Plate
(served it with some bruschetta)


Pretty simple ingredients - and a lot of PC product




I lightly tossed the veggies in olive oil and roasted them,
then cut them into bite size pieces


I mixed light ricotta with some chopped arugula



I mixed the pasta, sauce, roasted veggies and ricotta together.
I actually made the tomato sauce with a can of diced tomatoes, roasted
garlic, red peppers and some spices. Pretty simple and you could
easily use jarred sauce.


I simply put everything in a glass casserole dish, then i topped
with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. I covered it with foil and baked it until
it was warmed through, removed the foil and broiled it until the top was melted
and a little brown.








No comments:

Post a Comment