Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fish Tacos on a Rough Day






Food, as you are probably aware, is one of my obsessions, and really a good meal can totally change my mood. I had a pretty rough week, and was feeling a little isolated and sorry for myself, so i thought i would put the extra tortillas and black bean mango salsa back to work and make myself some fish tacos. Fish tacos can cheer me up any day - especially when i make them just like i want them.

I ended up using a frozen haddock fillet from the President's Choice Blue menu which is sort of a short cut, but i do like my fish breaded in the tacos - i've made it many ways, but the crunch is essential! The other essential with this dish is the cabbage/coleslaw - its a nice contrast to the fish, and is very Californian. I made this coleslaw with a light sour cream-lime dressing along with some jalapenos to spice it up.

I did this one deconstructed - putting everything out and assembling it. I also made myself a margarita to make the meal even more festive - bad mood solved!

Above:

Feel good meal
The fish
Ingredients (pretty simple)


No comments:

Post a Comment