Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt and Brunch








I may be a grown woman, and so is my sister, but we still have an annual easter egg hunt. Its lots of fun, and we run around like maniacs finding all the eggs. This year i was the winner (yeah me) and being as egalitarian as my family is we then divide the chocolate up evenly and by type of chocolate preference. I actually throw mine in the freezer, since i don't have that much of a sweet tooth, and eat it throughout the year. I honestly just finished last year's chocolate off a month ago.

After the excitement of the hunt has subsided, we enjoy a nice sunday brunch. This year, the weather was so lovely that we moved the plates out to the deck and ate out there. It was so nice in fact that i have a spectacular sun burn on the right side of my body, including a very attractive one-armed farmer tan. But this blog is about food - and that we had plenty of....

My mother makes this amazing mexican fritatta. Unlike a standard fritatta, it has tortillas in it, and you make it the night before so that it can soak everything up. That is also why my mother finds it convenient, because you can make it in advance and throw it in the oven. This time she made a little extra spicy, which i think everyone appreciated, and served it with organic salsa and sour cream to combat the heat.

To finish off the meal we had sausages (519 area code pork) and to keep it a little healthy a colourful fruit salad. And of course mimosas! (champers and brunch are practically a necessity in my family)



Above:


The divided spoils
I win!!!!
The table
My plate (fritatta, sausage and fruit salad)
Serving up the fritatta

No comments:

Post a Comment