Monday, December 21, 2009

Corn tortilla ideas???






I'm looking for input on this one. I am blessed that my local grocery sells two different brands of fresh corn tortillas, but there are sooo many of them. I've frozen them the day i get them, but when i've tried to reuse them they fall apart and the texture is all wrong. I must add that i do not own a microwave, which seems to be the most recommended method of heating them. I can't seem to find any tips for defrosting/reheating them.

If i don't freeze them i can have tacos for two days, then tostadas and quesadillas for a couple more, but i can't say that i really want to eat them for that many days. (you're going to notice a theme in my blog about too much of one thing- cooking for one is a challenge). Any brilliant suggestions?

But here are some highlights of my corn tortilla recipes. Sorry these are some of my earlier pictures so the lighting is a bit off.

  • The brand i usually get
  • Chipotle shrimp tostatda with bib lettuce, tomatoes and avocado
  • Black bean and fried egg tostada
  • Mexican breakfast - fried egg, tortilla, salad and refried black beans
  • Salmon tacos from El Sombrero in Mississauga!

No comments:

Post a Comment