Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Years Eve Dinner

I decided that i didn't want to go out for new years this year, so instead of rushing about i spent the evening at home with my cat watching film noir and drinking a lovely Amarone! Of course i needed to have something to eat, and i was contemplating just eating cheese and bread that i bought at the Junction Fromagarie - but thought maybe i could make something a little different.



Pretty simple ingredients



I sauteed the mushrooms in butter and garlic, adding lemon juice and red wine vinegar to create a little sauce. I then toasted a couple of slices of the baguette and poached an egg. I put the warm mushrooms and sauce over the toasted baguette, then topped it with the poached egg. On the side i had a few slices of cheese, some more bread and olives.




Not a bad way to start 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment