Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bacon


Happy new year everyone - and what i great way to start off the new year, but with something absolutely amazing and terrifying. Almost as gross as the seven hour Man v. Food marathon i watched last night!

I am going to have to credit my friend Kristy for this one - she mentioned on facebook about eating some chocolate covered bacon, i had heard of it before, i think at the Royal Winter Fair, and i admit to be intrigued. The next time i saw her we were talking about how easy it would be to make. I needed of course an occasion.




I can't have bacon in my house - my obsession is so strong, so when i was invited to a christmas party i figured i could make the chocolate covered bacon and take it all there. I also made a cheese ball - you can see the ingredients in the back. (might blog it later)



Now look at this glorious sight - almost every burner/pan in use.


This is also a delightful sight. I made sure to cook the bacon flat and slowly this made them pretty uniform and a little caramelized. (maple bacon)

In double boiler i melted the chocolate chips


Once melted i dipped the bacon. I found it hard to control whole pieces, so i broke them in half


I didn't know whether to coat the whole piece or half in the chocolate. I did a mix of both and i think from both an aesthetic and taste perspective, the half coated were better.



Ready to party

No comments:

Post a Comment