Monday, July 12, 2010

Steak Nicoise


Now that i've started eating steak, i really enjoy it. I usually get tenderloins because to be honest i can't really eat more than 4 or 5 ounces of red meat. My brother in-law was in charge of picking up the steaks and he came back with two monsters. Actually that was good because we had a brand new bbq to test out. Since the steaks were so big and it was a really hot day i thought that i would make a nicoise salad, but with steak!

I had a bunch of leftovers, including these Yukatan shrimp that i got from the New York Times. (i'll give the recipe in another post). I decided to incorporate those in another meal-type salad. Unfortunately there were no asian ingredients at the cottage so i had to make it a lot simplier than i had intended. I did have cabbage and avocados left over from the Fish Tacos.


I also had some potatoes that i had tossed in shallot butter - i packed those in foil and heated them up on the bbq.


The steaks as i mentioned were monsters. Once they were finished i sliced them into thin slices for the salad.


I had a few of the usual ingredients for a nicoise - hard boiled egg, tomato, but i also added some left over grilled asparagus, butter lettuce. I topped it with a honey dijon dressing i made with pretty much everything in the fridge!








No comments:

Post a Comment