Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eggs and Caesars for Breakfast

Just because you're up at the cottage doesn't mean you can't do a nice little brunch - caesars and eggs benny included. I thought i would try poaching eggs without my little egg poachers - and i was a little nervous but i was able to do it without a real problem.


Making the hollandaise was another issue altogether. My mom surprisingly has a couple of cookbooks laying about so i was able to find a recipe. This one was interesting as it didn't have you doing it in a double-boiler, but actually doing the recipe over direct heat! I was nervous, but thought i would give it a try!


Eggs ready for hollandaise



My sister whisking




I was able to make the hollandaise. It wasn't the best i've ever had, but hey we were at the cottage. I also wilted some spinach, and quickly blanched some asparagus so we had a benny florentine mix going on.











No comments:

Post a Comment