Saturday, July 31, 2010

Quick Creamy Pasta


I really don't eat too much pasta, but sometimes i crave it, and its a great way of using up things in my fridge. This monday i was just feeling like carbs, and was actually considering going out for pasta when i realized how lazy that would be, so i quickly picked up some leeks and mushrooms, as i already had asparagus, broccoli, red peppers, garlic and tomatoes.

I also saw some fresh basil on the stem at the organic market while i was there, so i decided to throw a bit of that in there. I had some left over cream, and finished off my precious Kozlicks Mustard to make the sauce. Basically this was decedent and carby - just what i was craving. I topped it with some fresh cherry tomatoes and basil to lighten it up a bit. (who am i kidding look at the sauce)


No comments:

Post a Comment