Friday, July 9, 2010

Fish Tacos


Yes, i know more fish tacos - they are soooo good, and have become a cottage favorite. This time i made them with mahi mahi. I also made my own coleslaw which i thought was a change. There was actually no bagged shredded cabbage at the grocery store to start with. I guess because it was the weekend there was a real rush on everything, it was tough to find most of the things i was looking for.


Sunny ingredients





I was going to do the fish on the grill, since mahi mahi is hearty enough to do this way. I rubbed them with a little olive oil, some cumin and chili powder. I figured they would only take about ten minutes on the grill, but when i went out to check on them about five minutes in - they weren't cooking. Turns out we ran out of propane!!! I had to line a baking sheet and put them in the oven to finish. They were still good but i was looking forward to a little char.




Luckily there was enough ambient heat to warm up the tortillas on the grill.


I had all the usual toppings, but i also decided to do some match-stick cucumbers in a light sour cream cilantro dressing for another topping. It was really hot out and i thought that this would cool us of along with the cabbage.





No comments:

Post a Comment