Monday, July 26, 2010

I love picnics


I really do like picnics - i even have these plates from the sixties (a whole set in the box) avocado in colour that i bust out when i get to go. So far this summer i've done two - nothing too fancy but they've been fun. The first was a trip to High Park for Shakespeare in the Park's production of Romeo and Juliet. I went pretty simple for this one - some sandwiches, pasta salad and cherries.

The second was a day trip to Elora Gorge - and i admit i went a little crazy for this one, but it was totally worth it.

All of the ingredients for the trip

(fruit, cheeses, crackers, prosciutto, veggies for grilling, candies)


As it was a day trip we at a few times, this was round 2 -

an afternoon snack of watermelon and salad



I also made hummus for this trip and served it with

pitas and grilled veggies.



Ingredients for my high park sandwiches.



My tacky plates (i now have matching napkins)

And red wine in a coffe cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment