Friday, October 22, 2010

Israeli Cous Cous

I was at the Bulk Barn one day, picking up some nuts when i wandered into the pasta isle. I often buy quinoa there, but as i was looking i noticed something called Israeli Couscous. It was bigger than the regular stuff, and i thought i would try it.

What also encouraged me was the fact that i could get just a little - in case i didn't like it, and it came with attached cooking instructions. The cooking itself was really easy, but i didn't really know what i wanted to add to it. I took a bunch of things from the fridge and got to work.
I had some leeks, so i thought if i sauteed them along with some spinach it would make this more than a simple salad. I also had tomatoes and yellow peppers which i left raw. (in retrospect i would cook the peppers, there is something i really don't like about raw peppers)



The couscous was interesting, but to be honest it was a little to "pasta like". It was kinda rich and creamy, which is not how i think of couscous, but it was kinda cool. Hey - i think i had a cup of it for less than a dollar and used up veggies.... I'm a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment