Sunday, October 17, 2010

Haddock Enchiladas


I like fish, and i like mexican food, so at any opportunity i have i will combine them into a little something tasty - usually when i'm cooking for eric. I had been at the Orangeville famer's market the week before, and had purchased a few things along with purple tomatillos. I had never seen them, and to be honest i find it very hard to find tomatillos at any time let alone funky purple ones.

Unfortunately something is really weird about the pictures in this entry and i couldn't fix them, so i apologize how this doesn't flow - but the meal itself was really good and i think its worth trying... (if you can figure it out)




Above: Enchiladas ready for the oven
Four types of sauce for the enchiladas: guacamole, roasted tomatillo sauce, salsa and lime sour cream

Digging in!



The tomatillos - aren't they cute!


I mixed them with tomatoes, onions, garlic and jalapenos, tossing them with olive oil and cumin before roasting them on parchment paper. (easier clean up).

Once they came out they were nice an juicy, i just added them to the blender and pureed till mainly smooth


I had roasted the haddock in the oven, and made sure to undercook it as it woul finish in while the dish was heating and the cheese was melting. I warmed the torillas in my bamboo steamer because i like the texture. I cut up some tomatoes, grated some cheese and had a few jalapenos ready to assemble the dish.



Sauce, cheese veggies and a couple of springs of arugula I then added the fish. I rolled up about 6 and added them to the baking pan until it was full. I then added more of the tomatillo sauce and grated cheese. I covered it with aluminum foil, then heated it through, about 10 minutes, removing the foil and setting it to broil for the last two.
Once it was finished i topped it with some lightly dressed arugula and we were off!

No comments:

Post a Comment