Friday, September 24, 2010

Butter Tofu Nan Pizza

Okay, okay - i know i've been terrible with updating this blog. I am citing stress of grad school, new computer and eating only fried eggs. I do have some pictures which are lost on my "blue screen of death" computer - but i did promise this one - the butter tofu nan pizza. I will totally brag about this meal because it was AWESOME. Make it and people will be pretty impressed.

I used some extra firm tofu and used that bottled PC butter chicken sauce (the blue menu one, since that stuff is pretty rich). I sliced it into half inch rectangles and marinated it in the butter chicken sauce for about an hour. Rotating and reapplying - at room temperature. I then grilled it on the bbq, cooking it slightly, but more giving it marks and heating it through. I don't mind eating tofu raw, so i didn't grill it too much, since i think the marinade is more important, but you could bake this too.

Once the tofu was done, i spread more of the sauce on the nan, then topped it with thinly sliced mushroom, these little orange tomatoes and some red onions. I then cut the tofu into smaller pieces and added them to the nan along with a bit more sauce.

I did this one on the bbq, but i think it would be quite good if you did it in the oven (along with doing to tofu that way). Not to brag but this was a really good meal. I did have a lot of the butter chicken sauce left over - so i think this might be a great way to use up any extra sauce you might have after making butter chicken. You could also substitute chicken and bake/bbq it like i did the tofu.
See this entry was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment