Monday, May 17, 2010

Truck Stop Fish and Chips

There is nothing quite like chips from the chip truck on the way to or from the cottage. There are a number of options on my ride home, and i had actually been looking forward to a pulled pork sandwich i had last year outside of Irondale, Ontario. We drove by this time and it wasn't open. I couldn't tell if it was closed for good or simply hadn't opened up for the season yet. I'm very dissapointed as it was the best pulled pork i'd ever had!!!

To console myself i stoped at "The Works" and instead of just getting fries, i decided to get fish and chips. The chips were awesome - skins on, nice and crisp and the fish, although it looked sort of generic was once i opened it very real and fresh. I topped the meal off with a chocolate milk and we ate it on a picnic table on the side of the highway.

Ahhhhh the beginning of summer....
















No comments:

Post a Comment