Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jarred's Jerk Pork Loin


Jarred didn't just step up for breakfast, but he also made a fabulous dinner featuring a jerk/curry pork loin. I assisted Jarred in the kitchen, making the salad, bruschetta (my personal fav), grilled veggies and of course some bbq'd corn.

The whole meal brought up the ways to bbq corn - the different methods and our memories of it. I personally like to bbq corn with the husk on. The key is to soak the corn so the husks don't burn and the water that is trapped in there will help steam it. I had always just used water, but when i was putting them in the containers Jarred added a teaspoon of SUGAR! I had never seen that before - can't say i noticed a massive change, but it was my first corn of the season.


Pork Loins on the grill

These were marinated for a few hours in a jerk sauce


The Spread


Salad and Corn



Grilled Veggies


Waiting for the grill


Corn - almost ready


Soaking Corn

No comments:

Post a Comment