Friday, March 18, 2011

Mission: Roasted Red Peppers




Whenever i buy i jar of roasted red peppers, i end up using some of them, and the rest get moldy/weird so quickly it is such a waste, especially because i like them so much. I know i could roast them myself, but without gas its really an annoying process. This time when i was contemplating buying them i decided that i would try and use them all before they went funny.






I thought about making a soup, but instead i went for a pasta sauce where they were the base instead of tomatoes, and for the remainder, i was going to make hummus.



I pureed and seasoned the peppers for the base of the sauce and reserved some of them for the hummus





Hummus ingredients - pretty simple






The pasta as okay - i didn't love it, but the hummus was really good. I even made little samis for lunch with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment